How the program works
- Step 1: Ensure that your trademark is registered with CIPO and your information is up to date.
- Step 2: Complete the RFA form and submit it to the CBSA for processing.
- Step 3: Wait for confirmation of enrollment and approval letter outlining program specific details.
- Step 4: Once approved, if suspected counterfeit goods are intercepted by the CBSA, you will be notified and given the opportunity to take appropriate action.
- Step 5: The Royal Canadian Mounted Police will be responsible for leading any criminal investigations related to commercial scale counterfeiting and piracy.
- (1) the goods are not counterfeit or pirated, or
- (2) you choose not to launch an action for this shipment.”