How can you spot a real from a fake? Here are tips to help you separate counterfeit products from genuine products:
1. Low Prices
Beware of products that are suspiciously marked down to bargain prices. If the deal is too good to be true, it is clear indication the item may not be legitimate.
2. Where are you buying your products?
Counterfeit goods are sometimes sold on online auction sites where you’ll have less chance to scrutinize and inspect the product. Be aware that many counterfeiters don’t issue receipts or charge sales tax.
3. CSA or UL International certification label
Check the product for CSA or UL International certification label. If you cannot find the safety agency’s logo, check its Website for its log of certification records.
4. Spelling Mistakes or Incorrect Logos
Look for spelling mistakes or incorrect logos.
- COVID-19 – Counterfeit Masks, Drugs & Test Kit
- Counterfeit Contact Lenses – Learn more
- Phone Chargers – Learn to identify an uncertified product, click here