CACN MEET Tour
Date(s) - Jun/13/2018
7:30 am - 3:00 pm
Toronto Police College
The CACN M.E.E.T is a specialized training and networking event series designed to educate customs and law enforcement agencies, government agencies and brand owners on current criminal trends and best practices that support the prevention of product counterfeiting, fraud & copyright piracy in Canada.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Front-line customs personnel, health & safety and regulatory bodies, law enforcement personnel, trademark and copyright holders and their legal representatives, IP-related service providers, & investigative firms.
The program includes guidance on a wide range of topics from Canadian and international experts, including:
• The Opioid Crisis – Fraud and Counterfeit issues;
• Navigating the Internet Highway – product counterfeiting and investigative techniques;
• Product I.D. sessions that showcase counterfeit vs. authentic items;
• Issues concerning the sale of counterfeit guns and other weapon related issues;
• Updates on the Canadian anti-counterfeiting legislation (CCPA);
• Cross border issues directly from US Government Officials;
• An overview of anti-counterfeiting measures and programs in place by brand owners, trade associations and certification bodies;
• Case studies demonstrating the importance of partnerships between law enforcement, customs and government agencies with brand owners; and
• Updates on local services offered to brand owners and law enforcement
This program also includes a mini trade show component. Attendees will have an opportunity to visit each display and learn about the wide-ranging products that counterfeiting impacts — and how to distinguish between authentic vs. counterfeit products.
*Registration includes continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
*Parking is complimentary and available on site.
- Law Enforcement
- Government Officials
- CBSA Officer
- Event Registration – $250
- Table Top Display – $500 (Includes 1 complimentary registration)
- Sponsorship – $1,000 (Includes 2 registrations, table top display and panel participation